Canine Health and Emergency First Aid | Feb 17 @ Happy Path Meadows | Snohomish, WA
Hosted By: Happy Path Meadows and HoPE Canine First Aid
Where: Happy Path Meadows, Snohomish, WA (address revealed when registered)
When: Feb 17, 2024
Time: Check-in begins at 8:30 am; class begins at 9:00 am and we start wrapping things up at 4:30. Class ends at 5:00 pm.
Instructor: April Ibarra (425) 445-3092
What to bring: Sack lunch, water bottle, notepad, comfortable clothes
*Registration Deadline: September 29th (or until capacity is reached).
*PLEASE NOTE: Manuals and Certificates of Completion are sourced from Canada. Registering before September 15th ensures timely delivery of course materials. For registrations after September 15th, there may be a delay in receiving these materials, and shipping fees may apply.
*All attendees receive a comprehensive 130+ page First Aid Manual, Certificate of Completion, and a wallet-sized canine first-aider card.
*Save on shipping expenses by purchasing First Aid kits directly during the class.
What do we cover in our manual and course?:
Basic Care and Prevention
Basic Grooming, Nutritional Needs, Exercise and Rest, Training, Vaccinations, Parasite Control, Spaying/Neutering, Identification.
Home hazards, Environmental hazards, Common poisons
First Aider Roles and Responsibilities
Safety, When to Call the Veterinarian and What they Need to Know, Nose to Tail Survey, Priorities of Treatment
Emergency First Aid Response
Assess and Prioritize, Bites and Stings, Bleeding, Bloat, Bones, Breathing Issues, Burns
Carbon Monoxide, Choking, Comatose, Constipation, Convulsions/Seizures, Cough/Cold, CPR, Cuts and Wounds, Diabetic Episodes, Diarrhea, Drowning, Ear Issues, Electrocution, Elizabethan Collar, Eye Injuries, Feet - Claws and Pads, Fish Hooks, Frostbite/Hypothermia, Head Injuries, Heart Failure, Heat Stroke/Hyperthermia, Horse/Livestock, Impalements/Penetrating Injuries, Lameness, Mouth and Tongue Injuries, Nose Injuries, Poison, Porcupine Quills, Shock, Skunk Spray, Scratching—excessive, Spinal injuries, Identification, Securing and Transporting, Smoke Inhalation, Swallowed Objects, Swimmer’s Tail, Urinary Issues, Vomiting
What to Have in your First Aid Kit
My Dog—Vital Information
We acknowledge that unforeseen circumstances may arise. While course tuition is non-refundable, we offer the following options to accommodate situations where you may find yourself unable to participate in your Equine or Canine First Aid course:
- Course Transfer/Gifting: Though we'd love for YOU to be able to take the course, if your course is classified as Level 1, or doesn't require a Level 1 prerequisite, you have the flexibility to transfer, or gift, your course to a friend, or relative.
- Extended Usage: Alternatively, you can hold onto the course credit and use it for up to one year from your original purchase date. This credit is applicable for the same course taught at my barn, where I am both hosting and instructing. If the same course is available at a different location, you're welcome to participate there, provided there's availability and the host has granted permission.
- Course Credit for Advanced Levels: Regrettably, attempting to gift or transfer a Level 2 course with prerequisites to a friend, or relative, may not be suitable for their readiness. However, the great news is that your registration retains its validity for an entire year from your initial purchase date. This credit is applicable for the same course taught at my barn, where I am both hosting and instructing. If the same course is available at a different location, you're welcome to participate there, provided there's availability and the host has granted permission.
In the event that you are enrolled in a course that must be canceled by either the host or the instructor, ensuring your course completion remains my top commitment. Here's how I will address your continued learning:
- An alternate course date and venue will be proposed, allowing you to still access the learning opportunity you initially signed up for.
- If necessary, I am prepared to extend the expiration date to ensure you have ample time to take the course.
- As a final option, I offer a theory-only Zoom class. This guarantees that your learning continues seamlessly even if the in-person aspect is disrupted. Additionally, you have the choice to participate in the hands-on portion of the course at our barn, ensuring a comprehensive learning journey.
Your learning experience is my priority and I’m dedicated to meeting your needs while maintaining the integrity of our course offerings.